Sunday, October 6, 2013

Nature Themed Planter - My Work

One of my favorite things to whip up for the students are these planters.  They only take about an hour, and you never know how they will turn out.  I use a lot of thumped and dragged pieces to make them with.  This last year one of my favorite students, senior David Lee, lost his planter when it cracked during the drying and firing phases, so because it was the end of the year, he didn't have time to make another.  So I gave him the one I'd made and he glazed it so that he could have a glaze grade on the assignment.   I was very pleased with how it came out.  He chose to stain it with red iron oxide and then he highlighted the flowers by putting a bit of glaze on them.  Thanks David for making my work look great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment