Friday, September 13, 2013

Watercolor Charcoal - Student Work


My Beginning 2-D kids this last school year really got into the Watercolor Unit and produced many outstanding works.  In this assignment I asked them to combine both watercolor with charcoal.

Junior Deena Younan did this really strong piece based on "The Joker" resource.  She even framed it out in a clever way for extra credit.

In this next work we have the senior Ashley Chowdhury with her gentle touch, and lovely design.

I really like the surround that junior Hannah Hwang built around her good looking bird.

And junior Anne Allan blew me out of the water again with her watercolor skill level in this work below.  WOW!  What high school-er paints  like this after only one unit of practicing in watercolor? 

And look at sophomore Jovani Garcia go in his piece above, I believe it's Jovani's first feature on the blog.  I want you back next year young man!  You have so much potential!!

Junior Alex Lee always comes thru with his scenes of war.  You've got a beautiful use of charcoal going on here Alex.

And then 8th grader Nathan Lam is another who astounded me with use of both the watercolor and charcoal.  Way to go dude!!!!

Senior Sheila San Agustin , whose work we see often, has pulled off another incredible piece.  Fantastic use of color, this piece is both strong and sensory at the same time.

Then there is the gentle work of senor Alice Zhang .  Really cute design and very sensitive use of the watercolor.


Don't know why, but when I look at this piece it reminds me of Arlo Gutherie and that one song he used to sing about riding the rails.  Does anyone remember??  Something about native son, and the city of New Orleans, and I'll be gone 500 miles before the day is done.  ring a bell??

This piece is the work of junior Alex Rendon, and I'm so disappointed you couldn't fit me in for one more year together.

No comments:

Post a Comment