Friday, September 6, 2013

Spinning Out of Control

Did a fair amount of spinning yarn on my wheel this summer.  It's a super relaxing way to spend the evening while catching up on my Dexter's and Breaking Bads.  Last year I purchased these earthy batts from Drucilla Pettibone who lives out on a farm in the Carolinas I believe.  She raises a lot of animals and she loves to combine all their fleeces and coats, along with vintage fibers and laces into her art batts.  If you look closely you can see bits of ripped fabric along with other goodies floating around.  

I bought two different batts from her, one darker and one lighter, the lighter one has a softer feel to it then the dark one.  Anyways I spun them both up...
Andrean piled each to itself...
Skeined them onto my Niddy Noddy...
then rolled them both into balls.
I used a size 15 circular needle and knit them up together as one...
for a really lacy looking child's cap.
I added buttons to both side of the ties, and now this is off to My Shop.

1 comment:

  1. These turned out so beautifully - I just love the hat!! Thanks so much for the mention!!

    ReplyDelete