Saturday, June 22, 2013

Raintree Montessori School

In Lawrence, Kansas, art teacher Cindy Sears found our blog and was inspired by the burnished primitive whistles my Ceramics I kids were making.  She sent me a lovely note, and asked if Id share the process with her so she could teach it to her 3rd thru 5th graders seen here.
So I sent her the rubric with a couple of sample whistles and off she went with the project.  Recently she sent me pix of the results and let me tell you, they were just as wonderful as what my high school kids where producing.  
Marvelous job to all!!

I was able to download 3 of the pix she sent, so here they are.  What I really like that she had the kids do at the end was to apply clear shoe wax then buff.  I really like the shine it brings to the pieces.  I'm going to have to try that next school year.  Thanks for the tip Cindy  :)  And thank you and the administration at Raintree for allowing me to showcase your school and your sweet students.  

1 comment: