Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sighted Drawings - Student Work

These drawings were done by my Beginning 2-D students after I taught them Dr. Betty Edward's sighting technique from her book "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain".  Sighting is the way the Old Masters like Leonardo did perspective.  When the kids get to Intermediate 2-D we cover 1 & 2 Point Perspective methods.

So I asked the beginner's to pick a corner of my room and sight the basic foundation walls/floor/ceiling structure.  Then they were to alter it with some fantasy art.  These were my four favorite results.

The one above was done by junior Judy Shih and below we have senior Sheila San Agustin.  Both girls spent hours and hours on their details.

This next one by senior Alice Zhang is so playful and fun, and then below junior Anne Allan has gone all out with her corner, even adding a touch of iridescent color.  Can you find it?
I have such an extraordinary talent pool of beginner's this year as you can see, and they are working their behinds off for me.  Come see these pieces and so much more this coming Wednesday nite, April 17th for our Annual Art Show and Sale.


1 comment:

  1. I actually had someone come out a couple weeks ago to give a bid for a checkerboard kitchen floor...so classic!
    Split face Tile

    ReplyDelete