Sunday, December 16, 2012

Professional Textile Artist Michelle Hoffee

My other favorite artist at the Artist License Show was Michelle Hoffee.  I bought this amazing wall hanging from her that's already installed in my studio.  She specializes in eco-dyeing and uses silks and handmade nuno felt, and woolens.
In this piece she has woven and stitched her eco-dyed strips together and as well as inserting a bit of text for a very sensory piece.  The "t" is covered in the photo, it reads "trust" instead of "rust".  :)

Another very cool piece I bought from her is this re-purposed apron from an old corn sack.  She has also incorporated her eco-dyed silks along with a lot of stitching detail.  I just love it and it's currently on display in my studio.

I also really like Michelle's tags.  They are very clever and give her a lot of options to circle for each unique piece she creates.  Plus she has eco-dyed them as well.
Here is Michelle in her own creations at the Artist License Show.  In case you are interested in attending next year, it happens the last weekend in October on that Friday and Saturday, usually from 10-4 and is held at Estancia Park in Costa Mesa.

No comments:

Post a Comment