Sunday, November 18, 2012

Artistic License Art Festival in Costa Mesa

On the last Friday and Saturday of every October for the past 35 years I have been attending this terrific crafts show, and it's usually the only day during the school year that I allow myself to be absent.   I always find so many new ideas, and I come away with many new art pieces to showcase in my home and studio and to share with my art students. 
My dear friend and mentor at Capistrano Fiber Arts, Lori Lawson, was there with her gorgeous fibers and eco-dyed works.  Her booth was especially wonderful this year with so many sensory pieces to inspire and touch.
One of Lori's best friends, textile artist Michelle Hoffee, was also there to show off her current work.  Her art business, Living and Dyeing, features so many creative eco-dyed works on vintage clothing, handmade purses, wall hanging art quilts, and so much more, it's always a delight for the eye, as is Michelle herself.  She wears her eco-dyed clothing with very cool accesories.  And she's so full of energy ans so willing to share her dyeing processes.
I might have spent a few dollars this year, right Julia Faith Chanco LOL.  Love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment