Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Good-bye Summer, Hello Fall

Finally the terrible summer heat and humidity have broken, and we are having some cooler weather, like in the 70's and 80's.  But that heat did bad things to many of my plants, and I'm giving them extra care right now to hopefully bring them back from the brink.  Fortunately, I was able to get a couple of shots before the heat hit.  

I actually put my garden sphere in the garden, gee, how novel?  And my little ivy birdcage that Jim gave me for Mother's Day is thriving here, but not anymore.  I almost lost it in that searing heat.  I think I counted 3 green leaves left.  But I won't give up on it yet.

Then there's this little guy that my son Zach gave me, believe it or not, this tiny little baby survived the heat and actually bloomed right after I took this pix.
My african daisies are still hanging on barely, but I lost all the yellow orange calendula and nasturtiums below. 
Oh well there's always next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment