Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Best Part

During our lunch break as the kids were finishing eating, they asked my husband to help them play a song on the guitar.  Not only did he learn their song but they all started singing and laughing together.  It was a very special moment for me.
Another perk to the workshop was that Glennis left me a whole vat of indigo dye.  So I played a little more with some thrift store dollies and a small piece of cotton.  I really liked my baby dragonfly and butterfly.
An even better, after we unwrapped the shibori poles that we had twined over with cotton string, I was able to unravel it all so that my students and I can embroider with it next school year.  Just look at all the different values, gradations and intensities we achieved.  So cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment