Thursday, July 7, 2011

Nature Inspired Planters - Student Work

The last assignment every year for my Beginning Ceramics students is to make a functional planter.  And the day of the 4th quarter final I bring in a variety of sun and shade plants, a big bag of potting soil and off we go to the races to get these puppies planted.  These four were the ones that I felt really stood out from the rest.  This top one with the impeccable craftsmanship was made by senior Harry Trieu.  And the beauty below was done by senior Freddy Perez. 
Above we have this lovely planter made by junior Melissa Garcia, and my absolute favorite was this crazy, earthy piece below, embedded with nails by senior Matthew Ramos. 

4 comments:

  1. I like all the nails and the shape of Matthew Ramos' piece
    -Samantha Lee, Per 5

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Matt's the most

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Harry's piece
    -Michael Marin, Per 5

    ReplyDelete