Thursday, April 14, 2011

Senior Discounts - Woo Hoo!!

I finally reached that age last week when I'll be able to cash in on all those senior specials. Had such a great time on my 55th b-day. I was with my students all day and got to do a fun demo. in my 3-d class and made the mask above. During 5th period the student council kids came in with a scrumptious cake and sang me Happy Birthday. And then we promptly devoured it. :) When I got home from school Jimmy whisked me off to one of my favorite restaurants in Laguna Beach where we did some serious wining and dining. LOL It was a really warm day so the temps. at the beach were perfect and we rode with the top down and really enjoyed Laguna canyon, and all the cool hillside homes. Also drove by the Sawdust festival that should be opening in late June, another favorite spot of mine to purchase great art pieces to teach with. Cruised by these gorgeous mosaic benches as we drove thru town. And were able to catch a gorgeous sunset on the way back home. We were back by 8 that night for band practice at Dan's. That next night, Friday, Jim's band played at Java Joe's in Yorba Linda, and Jimmy brought in a big cake and the band sang to me Sixteen Candles. My cousin Kathy came and both my kids showed up with boy and girlfriend's in tow to sing, dance and celebrate with me. Doesn't get any better then that! Forgot my camera that night so I'm waiting on pix to be e-mailed from a friend. Sat. night the Rockits and Highlites had a gig at the Newport Harbor Elks Club. It was a very formal affair, their induction ceremony for their exalted one (grand puba I think he's called) with dinner and dancing. Man oh man can those old folks dance up a storm! And then Sunday night my 2 babies came over and took me out to dinner, and we played (I cheated) a couple of games of Scrabble. All in all, one of my very best birthday weekends ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment