Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Little Golf and a Bit of Music...


Another beautiful weekend in So.Ca. so off to the golf course we go with my daughter Dan. Of course she beats both Jim and I, even with all the cheating takeovers that we took. Yes, Jim and I are cheaters LOL.


Jim spent a lot of his time looking for his balls in the trees, and most of my balls ended up in the water. In fact, I think it was a record day for lost balls. Good thing we only play with range balls LOL

I actually had a few decent putts, but pretty much I suck at this game.

The best part is getting to wear my totally cool looking golf shoes :) Jim has good taste, those were one of my Xmas gifts last year.

Sunday nite found us jamming to Otis Redding's "Dock of the Bay" with Jimmy and I switching off between piano and cajon, and Zack on Jim's electric guitar. My mom forced me to play the organ when I was a young girl, and now I wish I would have kept up with it. Jim is trying to get me to play again. It's coming back a little at a time, it's only been like 40 years since I last played!

Sophie was not enjoying all the noise. We aren't very good, yet! Jim has been giving Zach lessons on the guitar, and he has also been teaching me to play the cajon (next to Sophie). It's a really cool drum that you sit on top of and pound on the sides with your hands, drum sticks or those cool swishy wire things.
We had so much fun, and I found myself practicing the next evening for when Zach can fit us into his schedule again.

No comments:

Post a Comment