Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year...So Good to be Back! :) My Work


After 2 weeks of relaxing and enjoying the cold weather, downpours and flooding, I can actually say it feels good to be back in the saddle again here at Whitney. Wanted to showcase the recycled gift cards I made for my T.A.'s for Xmas. I began by asking my 3rd year crafts kids for their leftover pieces of stitchpaper. I cut them into tree and leave shapes and tacked them down to bristol board. Then I took them home and stitched over top and outlined all the shapes and left the threads hanging. I glued a couple of beads down and well-laa, a Xmas card is born.

Here are close ups so you can see the details.





By the time I got to this last larger one above, after 2 hours of intricate sewing, my neck was tightening up, so instead of stitching over top, I glued down a yarn bow and some raffia grasses that I pulled out of a fake planter. That was Jim's clever idea, I loved it. Saved me a lot of time and energy. The card below was my favorite and the one I spent the most time on so I sent it off to Jim's parents, Vinnie and Bette cuz I wanted them to have something handmade from me for Xmas. Happy New Year you two! So thank you Period 2 girls, Breeana, Olivia and Angeline for the beautiful papers that you let me recycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment