Friday, December 17, 2010

Xmas 2010 - A Very Good Year!


All the shopping is done, the tree is up with all the presents wrapped and today starts my 2 weeks of winter break, OH BOY!!! Two weeks to sleep in and go to the gym to work off all the yummy stuff I'm going to chow down. Think I'll do a little bit of baking with my girl, Dan, and a couple of day trips with Jim. I think we might go out to Palm Desert for a bit of after Xmas shopping, and we've also been wanting to visit Fallbroook. For New Years, Jim's band is playing in Vegas, so we'll be there for a couple of days as well (this will be my very first time to gamble). My son Zach is leaving for a week in Tahoe with friends on a ski trip, and daughter Dani will be driving to Brianhead, Utah for a winter holiday with her boyfriend's family after Xmas.

So happy with my tree this year. It's a little cutie, with mostly handmade ornaments done by my children, my students, myself and a couple by pro artists like Leslie McCabe, Judy Coates Perez, Kelli Nina Perkins, and Mary Stanley. And several that my mother made for me when I was a young girl.

This is my first Xmas in my new home/studio. My Aunt Stella and her husband Gene are driving in today from Arizona to spend a few days with Jim and I, and to attend our annual family Xmas party. I will probably be taking some time off from this blog to spend with my kids and Jim, so look for me to return on Jan. 3rd.
Bette and Vinnie, I wish so much we could be with you and Rocco this Holiday season. We will give you a call on Xmas day after Julie flies in. Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year. And from my home to yours, have a fun filled, warm and toasty, wonderful holiday with your family and friends. To Kim and Rick, I miss you guys a lot. And to all my alum out there, stop by for a visit when you can. It's always great to see you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment