Wednesday, December 8, 2010

And The Band Plays On...


We had 3 band gigs this last weekend, and we had a blast at each one. I just love being a band groupie. LOL Here are Jim and Little Richie clowning around while I was trying to get this shot. Sorry this pix is out of sequence, I accidentally deleted it from down below and don't know how to bring it back where I need it. Still learning how to use this blog thingy. By the way, nice shoes Jimmy!! LOL


The Rockits played at 3 different venues so we got a lot of free good food! The first one was here (above and below) Saturday nite at the Yorba Linda Country Club for a Xmas party for the club's members. It was very upper crust if you know what I mean. Lots of money, lots of jewels, lots of fur coats, the works, and so beautifully decorated like a winter wonderland. The band on the other hand was in complete darkness, I'm surprised I was able to get the pix below. Lots of dancing that night. The club members really let loose, with a lot of liquor being consumed.


On Sunday afternoon the band played for the Orange County Corvette Club's Xmas Party at one of my favorite restaurants, Ive's Bistro in Anaheim Hills. I got to sit at the bar and watch the chef prepare our food. It was so delicious, and I finally figured out that line dance that everybody else knows except me. Again, lots of singing along and dancing. This is where that first pix is supposed to be. LOL Below are 3 of the Highlites that drive in from Vegas to sing with the Rockits, Big Richie, his daughter Kelli and wife Donna. Their son, Little Richie is in the first photo, and he sings and plays electric guitar for the band. Quite the musical family! Their cousin Dan is the band's sax player.

Sunday morning J and I made a trip to the cemetery in Villa Park to visit my mom's grave. It was her birthday. She would have been 94. I lost her 2 years ago after she struggled for 10 years with Alztimer's. What an awful, wicked disease that is, but I hear they are very close to finding a cure. I've got my fingers crossed. I don't want to put my kids thru what I went thru with my dear mother. Just in case I get it.


Sadly, I am an only child, but fortunitly was extremely close to my mother, especially since I lost my father at such a young age (8 months old) so I made sure we will be together always. She was the sweetest, most generous, unselfish , loving and giving person I have ever met, and an amazing cook, auntie, grandmother, gardener and seamstres. And the very best mommy. I miss her everyday. My Jim has a lot of her characteristics, it's probably why we are so drawn to one another. And I feel so lucky to have him in my life, especially after losing my mom. Anyways, getting back on track here, this is the view below that my mom's grave site looks out upon. Villa Park in Orange is a very affluent, horsey community. There is a trail down there, and I often see people riding their horses, mountain biking, jogging or strolling. It's so peaceful, and I go there often to visit.
On Monday nite, the band played at an Italian restaurant in Cypress called Dominick's off Walker and Ball for La Palma Travel's Xmas Party. And boy oh boy, talk about good eats. I could live on their garlic bread, it's even more scrumptious then Wood Ranch if you can believe that! But my batteries died again in my camera and I couldn't get a pix. I had to leave early cuz I had to go to work the next day, but I think they stayed till 11:30, and J told me everyone was up and dancing, even the cooks and waite staff. Sounds like I missed a good time. Oh well. Had to get my beauty sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment