Monday, November 1, 2010

Playing Hookey


Took the day off from teaching on Friday to attend the Annual Artistic License Art Fair in Costa Mesa. And what a beautiful day it was down there, the weather was perfect. In the first booth I found my dear friend Lori Lawson of Capistrano Fiber Arts. I have known Lori for years and she has been a mentor to me. She is a self taught fiber artist, who weaves, spins, dyes, knits and so much more. In fact she just recently taught me Nuno felting so I could teach the technique to my students.

There were several new artists at the show, so I was able to get lots of new ideas as well as some great new examples to teach with. A show favorite is Barbara Kincaid (below) a fiber artist. Within the first hour most everything in her booth was scooped up. She has been doing this show for at least 35 years now. I try to buy one of her pieces every year. But sometimes I'm too late and she has sold out. Not this year though, got there bright and early LOL!
Then early in the afternoon, I took my man to the doctor. His motorcycle wound where his bike had fallen on him wasn't healing right, so the doctor had to cut out that huge chunk he's holding with the tweezers. Jim was so brave, he was able to handle the pain with only a local. At first I wasn't going to peek, but the nurse looked so fascinated that I just had to take a look see. As you can see, it was pretty bad. I've never seen anything like this before, so of course I asked Jim if I could blog it. He thought I was nuts, but here it is.

Late that same afternoon, took the pup for a walk so I could take pix of our view from the road leading into our complex cuz it wwas really looking like fall. The sky was amazing, a storm was coming in and we got rain overnight.

We don't get much in terms of season changes, but if you look closely below you can see one lone tree changing it's colors. Was so pretty.
And then the sunset that night was a beauty as the storm was rolling in below.

No comments:

Post a Comment