Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Florida Adventure - Part I


It's been years since I've flown (I'm not real good on an airplane) but here we are (my boyfriend Jim and I) at the Long Beach Airport taking off for Ft. Lauderdale. Of course we had to eat first cuz it's a long ass flight. And maybe a glass or two of wine, so I don't freak out on the take off and scare everybody. LOL

Because this airport is smaller we get to walk right up to the airplane to board versus walking down that long ramp, so I just had to take a few shots of the plane. I got up close and personal with the engine.

After landing at the Ft. Lauderdale Airport we rented a car and drove north for about an hour and a half thru West Palm Beach till we reached Hobe Sound where Jim's father and stepmother live, Vinny and Bette. What a lovely home they have on a private golf course, with a gorgeous pool and spa in the back yard. The house has two large wings so there was plenty of room for everyone. And there were 7 of us staying that week. Bette told us it was one of the hottest June's on record, but it was just so beautiful there, just check out that blue sky and the lush surroundings. It was spectacular!


Jim's daughter Julie flew down from New York to join us there with Bette and Vinny. And Jim's brother Jack drove down from Georgia to hang out with us too. It was a full house. Above is Julie with Vinny and Bette and below is Jack with one of his daughters, Christen who also dropped in to meet us. Bette was such a gracious host, and an amazing cook. We had a fabulous time with all of them, so much food and laughter, such a close and loving family. And I can't forget Rocco, their new puppy. Isn't Bette gorgeous, she reminded me of actress Linda Evens from the old series "Dallas".

No comments:

Post a Comment