Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cameron Ewing - Alum


Just heard this morning from one of my all time favorite art students, Cameron Ewing, and I'm trying to remember what year he graduated. I'm going to take a stab in the dark here but I'm thinking it was around 1995. I worked with Cameron throughout his 6 years at Whitney where he started taking art classes with me in the 7th grade. I'm pretty sure he did 3 or 4 years of 2-D art with me, and he made some incredible pieces while here that I still use as great examples to teach with today. He went from here to Princeton for college, then I think he picked up a couple of additional art degrees in both Minneapolis and San Francisco, though I could be mistaken, my memory is not what it used to be LOL. I do know that he recently returned from 2 years in London working as the art director of a small design studio, and he has relocated to San Francisco. He sent me a link to his site so I could view some of his work (www.stay pressed.com) so I hope all of you enjoy it too. I'm so proud of you Cameron. Thank you for taking the time to keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment