Thursday, March 25, 2010

Metamorphosis - Student Art


I am also very late in posting this work that belongs to junior Jason Kwon. He is one of my strongest drawing/painting/design students this year and is looking into art schools for college. He is one of a very few that can pull images out of his head and draw them. That kind of drawing cannot be taught, it is simply a gift. Jason can sit and sketch for hours doing this. Currently he is in my 3rd year Advanced 2-d art class, and I'm hoping to have him back next year in at least two of my other classes. In this assignment the students were asked to bring in two unlike objects and figure out a way to morph them into each other, and then to build an environment around them that made sense. I thought Jason's idea of a spilled ice cream cone was brilliant. You can see senior Jullian Kho's morph that I posted earlier this year if you click under labels on right under Prismancolor or Metamorphosis.

2 comments:

  1. Love your site! As I looked at this piece, I was reminded of the poem, The Emperor of Ice Cream by Wallace Stevens, which is about a death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your site! As I looked at this piece, I was reminded of the poem, The Emperor of Ice Cream by Wallace Stevens, which is about a death.

    ReplyDelete