Friday, November 6, 2009

Free Form Crochet Workshop


Always wanted to learn free form crochet (learned free form knitting several years ago with Valentine Devine) and last night at the Yarn Lady in Lake Forest I was able to do just that with artist/teacher Wendy Seigel.

They had at least 3 different classes going on in one evening with lots of fiber enthusiasts, plus one adorable 3 month old. They are open almost every evening with different groups meeting for spinning, knitting, feltmaking, dyeing, and other fiber related classes. I was also impressed with the quantity and quality of their yarn selection.
Wendy brought some beautiful samples with her to show and I ended up buying the middle wristlet from her. The top piece is the one she taught me with and was gracious enough to let me keep to teach my students with, and the bottom piece is the one I worked out. Both of these are unfinished and I can't wait to get back to mine and finish it up. I loved having no pattern to follow and Wendy taught me so many new tricks and turns. A really enjoyable evening. Can't wait to go back for another class and some more yarn shopping. :)
A close up of Wendy's finished piece.

1 comment: